Observations/Thoughts As I Look Out at Life

There are days when I am totally amazed at God's Creation. There are days when I am encouraged by my fellow man. And there are days when I am confused, anxious and terribly heartsick at how low some of us can think or act.

This Blog is my way of expressing those feelings while, hopefully, honestly evaluating myself.

Welcome to my "view."

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Here We Go

Here we go.....this is my first entry into the blogosphere! 

Like the picture to the right, I feel a little like that squirrel, timidly peeking out at the world....wanting to be fully visible, yet hesitant and vulnerable.  Guess it's the jitters of a rookie wanting to do well. Well there's no way to measure that if I don't just start, right?  (Deep breath!)


Each day, especially in the early morning as I gaze out my back window, sipping on that most needed cup of coffee or crunching my Toasty O's, I feel challenged to see what new/different creature has decided to visit my backyard.  Our house backs up to some Southern Wetlands and between the tropical vegetation and the water beyond, I can view a veritable wild kingdom worthy of a small zoo.   Each creature, whether reptilian, fowl, insect or mammal has chosen to share its life with me and gives me pause for reflection, amusement and even sadness.

I am going to share those observations (with pictures, hopefully!) with you in the hopes that there is someone out there who just might have the same thoughts/opinions as I do and help me to not feel like just a silly optimist.

Just thinking.....perhaps the squirrel might not be the best one to start with....you know "nuts" and all, but since I saw him and his buddies today and most days, he won the maiden voyage!

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment