Observations/Thoughts As I Look Out at Life

There are days when I am totally amazed at God's Creation. There are days when I am encouraged by my fellow man. And there are days when I am confused, anxious and terribly heartsick at how low some of us can think or act.

This Blog is my way of expressing those feelings while, hopefully, honestly evaluating myself.

Welcome to my "view."

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Look, But Don't Touch!


Just arrogantly lies there!
 Ever since the Spring, we have had a fearsome new neighbor living down by the water......a rather large Cotton Mouth snake!   It likes to sun on the downed tree along the stream or swim along the reeds in search of food.

I do not like snakes!!! 

This guy obviously has my respect/fear and I know better than to approach or irritate it.   Still, it bothers me that he is infringing on my property and makes me leery of going down to that area even to use the weed trimmer.

This Black Racer was only about 4'
We also have Black Racers that can be up to 5 or 6 feet in length and of course,  Copperheads.  

Recently there was an article in the newspaper regarding the apparent scarcity of snakes around here this year.   I would have to agree that this does seem to be true, but even so, there are still way too many for my taste!

Guess these creatures are a lot like some of the neighbors one may have......you're stuck with them, they infringe upon your rights, can be a nuissance or don't share the same attention to house and yard upkeep as you.  So you tend to stay away from them because they make you uncomfortable, afraid, are hostile toward you or just plain give you the creeps.

I know this doesn't sound very "love thy neighborly," but one has to be honest.....after-all, Proverbs tells us that "A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions.  The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences."

Just have to remember that the Lord created all living things and each has a specific reason for being here.   Just wish it were a little easier being able to figure out what that reason is!!

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment